This initiative aims to create closer ties between parents and The Neighborhood Academy. We want to empower parents by providing opportunities to be involved in their child's education. In addition, we will hold a series of informative events on a variety of topics that impact families. These programs do not replace the monthly meetings with the Head of School.
The purpose of the Hand-to-Hand Parent Institute is to equip and empower The Neighborhood Academy's parents to effectively support and advocate for their children. Families receive information, education and enrichment activities, and resources to promote their families’ well-being and advancement.
Sessions that we have held over the years include:
- How to rebuild/build your creditworthiness
- Financial literacy
- How to raise a teenager
- Appreciation dinner for senior parents
- 'Take your family to school' week
- Participation in school commencement
- Parent/faculty basketball game
- How to prepare your child and yourself for college
- And much more!