We intentionally craft a campus culture that feels safe, inviting, nuturing, and freeing. Students on our campus have the room and security any teenager needs to come into their own, find out who they are, and discover their passions. Some of the unique aspects of campus life include...
- The Blue & Orange Cup - A year-long competition, during which all members of the school community (students, teachers, and staff) are assigned to either the 'Blue Team' or 'Orange Team'. Each month the teams square off in both academic events and athletic events to earn points, and the team with the most points by the end of the year takes home the coveted Bulldog Cup! The games help establish a rapport between students and staff, while adding greatly to the vibrancy of our campus.
- Students vs. Staff Games - Every year, students and staff square off against one another in games of flag football, volleyball, basketball, and dodgeball. It is a tremendous way for our students and staff to bond with one another, and blow off a little steam in the process!
- Lessons & Carols - One of our longest running traditions, Lessons & Carols is arguably our most cherished community event during the school year. On the last evening before Winter Break, we invite all of our families, volunteers, and donors, to join us for a night of holiday songs and stories, treats, and fellowship during the Christmas season.
- Prom - Every year our students in grades 9 through 12 put on their finest dresses and tuxedos for an evening of dancing and memories!
- So, so much more... - From Halloween-themed Chemistry lessons taught by Mrs. Wright, the 'pizza and video game' nights planned by Mr. John, or the chance to run the Pittsburgh Marathon with Mr. Snyder, our students have loads of opportunities to express their interests. There is never a dull day at The Neighborhood Academy!