Skip Navigation

Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC), Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit Program (OSTC) and Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) Programs


Brian Cavalier of Hovercraft, LLC


  • Click here to see the list of approved Scholarship Organizations 
  • Click here to see the list of approved OSTC Organizations 

The State of Pennsylvania recently passed House Bill 91, which allows for the formation of Special Purpose Entities (SPE) for the sole purpose of participating in the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program or the Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC) program.  Individuals can now receive the same credit as corporations.

How it works:
An individual or legal entity that wishes to scholarship a student becomes a member of an LLC by signing an agreement form and making a two-year commitment to fund the LLC. 
The LLC will then receive tax credits equal to 90% of the donation amount. 
These credits will be distributed on a K-1 Form according to each member’s percentage interest in the LLC. 
These credits can then be applied to your PA tax liability by your accountant.  There may be also additional benefits to your Federal Tax liability;  consult your tax advisor to maximize your overall potential tax savings.
This is an opportunity for you to benefit from an additional contribution and to scholarship a TNA student in a way that you would not have been able to in the past. 
To see the impact of your contribution through the EITC program, please use the calculator below:

(for estimation purposes only; please consult your tax professional)

For Businesses

If you pay taxes in Pennsylvania you can take advantage of the Educational Improvement Tax Credit or Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit programs offered by the State to impact education. Taxes which the credit can be used against are:

  • Personal Income Tax
  • Capital Stock/Foreign Franchise Tax
  • Corporate Net Income Tax
  • Bank Shares Tax
  • Title Insurance & Trust Company Shares Tax
  • Insurance Premium Tax (excluding surplus lines, unauthorized, domestic/foreign marine)
  • Mutual Thrift Tax
  • Malt Beverage Tax
  • Retaliatory Fees under section 212 of the Insurance Company Law of 1921

Your participation allows you to control where 75-90 percent of your state tax burden is directed up to $750,000 ($1.5M combined, or more depending on program). 

To learn more about the EITC and OSTC program, and how you can direct your dollars to The Neighborhood Academy, please contact: 

Carolyn Sanford at 412.362.2021

Sheila Rawlings at 412.626.6851